About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

June 29, 2009

The Hotness

Gross. Just gross. There really is no other way to describe the mini heatwaves that come through the mid western states. It is not just the hotness that is bad, honestly I could live with the hot. It is the, and you will hear this time and time again if you ever come to Kansas, humidity. The nasty hot wet humidity. Where it is sometimes pointless to even take a shower, because just a few minutes walking to your car will make you sweat like none other.
Now, I have lived in Florida so I know there are places that have higher humidity than

Clouds in northeastern KansasImage via Wikipedia

Kansas. But, and this is a very big but, the heat and the humidity combined with no wind, and if there is wind, it seems be even hotter that the temperature. When the humidity makes the heat index 10 - 15 degrees hotter than 95 degrees, then it is hot!
I know this is a silly little blog, but we just got off of a mini heat wave and it just reminded me that I have never lived in a place where I have been this miserable in the summer. When your car air conditioner can't cool your car down enough because it is so hot outside, then it is time to move. Well, I think anyway. :)

K
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?