I have never felt like a "grown-up", more importantly, I don't want to grow up!
Although, recent events have transpired which have made me very aware of the fact that I am not that young anymore.
1. Dry Cleaning - I'm not sure why taking dry cleaning makes me feel grown up. Maybe it means that I have grown up clothes that need to be taken care of, instead of $10 shirts and dresses from Forever 21.
2. Going shopping and most of your purchases are made with work clothes in mind. Second thought, when most of the clothes in your closet are work clothes.
3. Vocabulary - Not using the word "like" 5 times in a sentence. Falling behind on the latest slang and feeling silly when trying to use any of the "it" phrases. So fly like a G6. See, can't do it.
|FYI, these kids are 1000% cooler than I am.|
6. Buying night cream and eye cream out of need, not prevention.
7. Realizing someone born in 1993 is 18. Also having a style of clothes you wore growing up coming back in style.
8. Calling college students "kids". This one really makes me want to cry.
9. Making sure you go to bed at a reasonable hour, even during vacation so you don't mess up your sleep schedule.
10. Going out to a friends party Friday night and still feeling the effects Monday morning.
Again, not sure if I will ever feel like I have grown up, but if i do, I hope I age gracefully.