About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

April 29, 2009

New Stage

NYC MarathonImage by Pabo76 via Flickr

Well, I have decided that I am going to try and run marathon. Not just a 5k or a 10k, but a big marathon, like the Boston or New York marathon. Of course, it will be quite a while before I am able to do that. I will start by running the 5k and 10k's as well as half marathons to get ready, and hopefully I will be able to run at least one or two 5k's by the end of this summer.

I have decided to do this because I need something to keep me in shape, I need some sort of goal to stay motivated to work out. Besides losing weight and being healthy of course, I find that if I have some sort of goal I tend to stay on track.

I am the first to say that I am not in the best shape of my life, well, I am actually in the worst shape of my life, unfortunately I have really let myself go. I am at my heaviest weight, and until recently, I did not work out. Starting about 3 weeks ago, I started eating right again, as well as exercising 6 days a week. I started working out sporadically about a month ago, and religiouslya few weeks ago. Right now I have been doing an hour on the elliptical machine, doing a "Zumba" class, as well as pilates and yoga.

So, I hope that going for a goal of the marathons will help keep me in shape. I will try and track my progress on here as well.

K
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?