About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

March 06, 2010

Mmmmmmm Food.

Now, as I have said before I love to cook. Looove to try new recipes and am always on the lookout for new exciting ones. Just the other night I made homemade mac and cheese for the first time, it turned out ok, not amazing or perfection, but it was just fine. I must admit I think that I am better at baking than actual cooking.
Just a few weeks ago I made an apple cake in my cast iron skillet (which I am in loooove with).  I also make a mean chocolate chip cookie.  My husband calls the "happy cookies".  They also go very fast when I bring them to work.  I "stumble" a lot, so I am able to get recipe ideas from other people's blogs.
I work with some awesome people who are amazing cooks themselves, so I am able to get amazing ideas and help from them.  It also didn't hurt that my mother was the head baker at a university for quite a while.  So just watching her and learning from her I think really helped me out.  There is nothing better to me than hanging out and baking or cooking a huge meal and having friends over to share in what I just made.  I think cooking/baking is therapeutic for me, also I cook to make people happy. 
I also said on a previous post that I do not want this to become a food blog, but since cooking is such a huge part of my life, that I think I am going to start sprinkling in some more posts about the yummies I have made.  Please if you have any recipes you love and think I should try please post your comments or link my your posts as well.
Oh, yes, and just an fyi, the pictures of the food will be mine unless otherwise noted in the blog.  :-)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?