About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

March 31, 2010

You ever wonder...


Wow, it has been a while!  I have just been so busy! :)
Well, let's get started shall we?
A few weeks ago I went to a John Mayer concert with a great friend.  I do love music ( as previously written about)  so this was a treat since I do love his music.  Maybe not the actual person, but then again I don't know him, just what the tabloids say about him. It was a great concert!  He really didn't play a huge song list, but he did a lot of "jamming", so it was a great concert.  I felt as though I was in a club or bar and not a huge arena.  He played a lot of great songs, a lot of my favorite songs, not just of his, but oldies.  My favorite he saved until the encore and sure enough as soon as I heard those three notes in the beginning I just knew.  (And of course screamed like a schoolgirl). Gravity.  MMMMMmmmmm. Just thinking about it right now makes me happy.
LOS ANGELES, CA - JULY 07:  John Mayer perform...After the concert, my friend brought up a good point.  I wonder what he was going through when he wrote those songs.  Which made me start to think about all singer/songwriters and listen a bit more closely to their lyrics. Which then led me to think of how theses artists give us a window into their lives and their ups and downs.  Yes, I know this is cliche, but if it is the story of their lives and a peek into how their mind works.  So I figure if you follow an artist long enough, you almost feel as though you know that person.  Which is why I think people are touched and moved these artists.
So, maybe from now on, you will take a closer listen to lyrics and not just the music, and realize that the lyrics that make up the songs are a piece of the person that is singing it.  So listen and then appreciate. 



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?