About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

April 27, 2010

Seasons Change

A comment from a co-worker prompted me to start thinking of change.  Also because of the fact that we just moved into a new (well sort of) office building downtown.  We basically just combined offices with our corporate office.  It is kind of new since they renovated everything and it looks very very nice!  Anyways, back to the comment that I heard, which was that ,"People don't like change."  Which made me think, why?

I'm not sure if my upbringing has any role in this, but change really doesn't bother me.  Being an army brat, we moved a lot, not as much as others, but quite a bit.  I always looked forward to it.  Yes, it was sad to leave friends that I had made, but I always ended up making more.  It was always a new adventure, a chance to learn something new, and explore our new home.  So, maybe that has something to do with the fact that I actually welcome change.

I do understand why change can be hard, when you are so used to something and then all of a sudden something comes along to disrupt your happy routine, then yes it can be traumatizing.  Believe me, I do have my routines and I like them just fine, but when it changes unexpectedly, it doesn't upset me.  Although there are people who just cannot seem to cope with change.  Which begs the question, "Why?"

So, I guess this entry has no ending, just a little question to get you thinking and maybe stir up some lively water cooler chat besides what happened on American Idol the night before.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?