About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

April 30, 2010

Say Whaaaaaa.....

Gross. 

Just gross.

There are just no other word to describe this new KFC Double Down "sandwich".  I use the word sandwich very loosley considering that this "sandwich" is a few pieces of cheese with bacon, and instead of bread, no no, there are two breaded chicken breasts. I repeat, it is a "sandwich" with two breaded chicken patties as the bun.
Now, I am gonna let that sink in for a minute.
Really? Really?
Was someone high as a kite and thinking of what munchies they wanted and came up with this monstrosity that people are putting into their bodies?????  Now, don't get me wrong, I am all for yummy junk food and I do have strange cravings.  But come on!  None of my go to comfort foods can give me a heart attack from just smelling the darn thing.  Here is the description from their website, "The new KFC Double Down sandwich is real! This one-of-a-kind sandwich features two thick and juicy boneless white meat chicken filets (Original Recipe® or Grilled), two pieces of bacon, two melted slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese and Colonel's Sauce. This product is so meaty, there’s no room for a bun!"
Did you notice the "It's Here!" wording?  As if the whole world was waiting with baited breath until this magnificent creature came into fruition. Also the description from the website says, "...it's real..", as if the company can't believe they created this...this..."sandwich".
I mean, I guess if you are on Atkins then this "sandwich" is a godsend.  I feel like I am having a heart attack just writing about the darn thing.  Um, hello clogged arteries! 
Now, I am not trying to bash KFC,  I do love me some 10 piece bucket with biscuits.  But, where does the line stop? I guess this is one thing that I am just never going to understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?