About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

May 12, 2010

Typical

Ok, so when stuff happens to me I tend to say, "Really? Of course, why not." Then laugh, shake my head and move on with life.  Please see below for examples. 

This evening after coming home late from a work function, I was a good wife and started cooking my lovely husband dinner. (I know, I am awesome) I used chicken broth with a lot of spices and chicken, and then throw in some dirty rice, sounds good right? I must not have been paying enough attention, because soon enough the chicken broth had evaporated and the chicken was starting to burn in the pan and the kitchen was filled with smoke. So much smoke that I should probably go to the hospital and be treated for smoke inhalation.

Really?

Also, a few weeks ago at work, I answered the phone thinking it was a co-worker friend of mine calling in.  (We have caller id)  I jokingly answered the phone in a funny voice and then started laughing, which the person on the other line started to laugh as well.  So we are laughing having a good time.  She then asked if she could talk to Maria.  There is no Maria.  It then (to my horror) dawns on me that it is not my co-worker, but someone else who has the exact same name as my co-worker who is calling in.

Really?


 C'est la vie.  I guess that means just more blogs for me to post as these things continue to happen to me.  :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?