About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

December 10, 2010

Sadness and Anger

Elizabeth Edwards passed away this past week at the age of 61 due to complications with her 6 year battle with breast cancer.


I am not a very political person, but the fact that she went through what she did with her husband's cheating scandal and battled breast cancer for 6 years and stayed a strong, positive and active woman is very extraordinary.  She was an advocate and gave a voice to some of those who could not speak up for themselves.

As I was reading about her passing, I came across an article that stated that the Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing her funeral.  I cannot begin to tell you how upset this makes me.  They say that she is "going to hell" because she said she doubted her faith when her oldest son passed away in  1996.

For those of you who do not know about the Westboro Baptist Church, they are are horrible group that are an affront and a disgrace to those who are actual Christians.  This is a group of people monsters who call themselves Christians picket soldiers funerals as well.  Just Google them and you will see, even their home URL is horrible! 

This "church" unfortunately in Topeka, KS so living not even an hour away from Topeka, we get to hear a lot, and see a lot of their protests.  They even have their children, even young at 5 holding up signs with despicable phrases about going to hell and how God hates the US and others that I cannot even repeat because of how vile the words are. 

Let up hope that Elizabeth Edwards funeral will not be marred by this protest.  Let us hope that everyone will remember her for the causes she supported and the positivity that she seemed to have throughout her struggles. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe anyone would even consider protesting at her funeral. The Westboro Baptist Church is ridiculous, I hope they stay away!

    -Delilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about this as well and being in Raleigh where Ms. Edwards is being buried we are ALL riled up. NC has a special love for Elizabeth and the westboro group makes me sick!!!

    ReplyDelete

Watcha Thinkin'?