About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

November 15, 2010

Why Reading Directions is a Good Thing!

Yes, a basic concept, but reading directions CAREFULLY is a very important detail when baking/cooking. 

I made some pumpkin pies last night.  Well, I attempted to make pumpkin pies last night.  After baking the pies, I kept wondering why they weren't setting, the top of the pies were nice and firm, but once you cut it, it was still very mushy. The directions say to bake for 50 minutes at 375.  I did, then baked it for another 50 minutes and it would still not set.  (Insert frustration here.)

Here is why, when the directions say use 2 cups of pumpkin, use 2 cups, not 2 CANS!


 *sigh, such a Karen move.
Husband said they still tasted good, just mushy, he is so sweet isn't he???  I do plan on redeeming myself tomorrow night.  I will keep you all updated!!!

By the way, I am not a big fan of pumpkin pie, so maybe my subconscious was sabotaging my pie making skills.  Thing's that make you go hmmm....  SABOTAGE!!! (Ok, when you read that, how many of you heard it in the style of Beastie Boys????)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen visiting from Meg's mingle Mondays... you have a great blog .. I like your stylt of writing and witty humour... the nude shoes, gorgeous!!! HHL

    attitudeIVlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I love new visitors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Watcha Thinkin'?