About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

March 25, 2011

Laid To Rest

I'm sure you have all heard that on Wednesday Elizabeth Taylor past away from congestive heart failure.


Now, I am not one to really be affected by celebrity status.  But, when an actor/actress/singer that has been in the spotlight since you were a child, it is a strange feeling that comes over you when they pass away.

Dame Elizabeth Taylor, was a larger than life figure who managed to make herself seem accessible to her loyal fans.  She was not only a beautiful woman on the outside, but she was a great advocate in the fight against AIDS.  She was so devoted to the cause she started the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation, which helps to fight the disease worldwide.


Her beauty captivated her audience and those she met throughout her life.  A main component were her eyes.  Everyone who met her marveled at her beautiful eyes, that to this day no one is really sure of.  In many of her pictures they are a bright piercing blue, the ones that I love are when they are a gorgeous violet.


She will be greatly missed and I hope the younger generation will learn from her example. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?