About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Recap

Happy Monday Everyone!

Anyone catch the Golden Globes Sunday night?  I did and it did not disappoint.  From all the beautiful gowns to the crazy host, I was very pleased!

Ricky, oh Ricky.

Everyone is talking about Ricky Gervais and how he insulted everyone and ticked off the Hollywood Foreign Press.  How could you book Ricky and not expect this?  Really? You know who he is, you know the types of jokes he tells, so why are you so surprised and upset?

I also wanted to touch upon one particular presenter,  Tilda Swinton.


Now, I don't ever remember watching her in a movie, and I'm not saying that she is a bad actress or anything like that.  But this woman freaks me out!  Especially after watching her present, something about the way she looked and her voice just rubbed me the wrong way.  There was no smile or any semblance of happiness to be there.  Did anyone see this?  Am I the only one who feels this way?

Moving on the pretty and fun part of the evening.  Dresses!!!! 

Here are some of my favorites!

Olivia Wilde, um hello Evening Dress Barbie!  Love it!

Natalie Portman.  I love dresses that show a baby bump!!!  Now, I know a lot of the "Fashion Police" did not like this dress, but I thought it was so cute.


Emma Stone.  Uh-flippin-mazing!  She went back to her roots and went blonde and looked fabulous!!!  That dress is killer!


Mila Kunis.  Gorgeous!!!  This emerald green is just perfect on her.


Now, here are some of my not so favorites.  I seemed to notice a "vintage" theme.  Not all vintage should be worn.  There were a lot of sparkle, shoulder pads and Designer Women-esque dresses.

Angelina Jolie.  I'm sorry, yes she may be the golden goddess of Hollywood, but I did not like this dress.  I was waiting for her to morph into Joan Collins circa the Dynasty Era. 


Michelle Williams.  Really?  It's not a bad dress, maybe an afternoon tea dress, but not a Golden Globes dress.

January Jones.  Sigh.  It's like she was at a call back for the Fifth Element The Sequel.  Not a good look. 


Now, those aren't all the best and worst, but just the ones that stood out for me.  I am adding one more photo, Michael Douglas.  As he went out onto the stage he was greeted by a standing ovation.  He then said,"There's got to be an easier way."  Welcome back Michael! 

Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?