About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

June 30, 2010

Home Cookin'

So, when someone says "home cooking" or "comfort food" what comes to your mind?  Fried chicken...mashed potatoes...apple pie?

Well, growing up in a multi-cultural household, my definition of home cooking is a bit different.  Mom is South Korean (hence the name Kimchee Chronicles) and dad is white.  I've never been a big meat and potatoes kind of girl, I've always been more of a fish and rice kind of girl.

My mother is an UH-flippin-mazing cook.  Whatever cuisine it is, it is delish!  Of course nothing compares to her homeland food. Also, she used to be a baker so she would always bring home pies, bread, cookies and as well as the recipes.  No wonder I've got a some extra junk in my trunk.

She is always cooking my favorites foods when I go home and visit.  I just wanted to share just a bit of what I get to eat when I go home.

Kimchi, a staple in my Korean diet:


Seafood Noodle Soup (noodles made from scratch):

Kalbi:

Bread Candy:
Lastly, but definitely not least, of course, rice. Mmmm, rice.  Nothing is better than a huge bowl of steaming, sticky, white rice.  Yes, yes, I know it's not good for you, but oh my goodness, it tastes so good! If you want to know how to cook good Korean rice follow this link. 

So, I guess home cooking or comfort food is wherever your home is, I hope you have enjoyed my version.  Maybe you can share some of your favorite home cooking.

It is still very strange thinking that I own my own home, car and have a "grown-up" job.  Whenever I visit my parents, I still feel like that 10 year old girl running in for dinner and finding some good ol' down home cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?