About Me

I am a wife and mom who has Martha Stewart aspirations and gets stuff done with the grace of Lucille Ball. I would love you to join me on my journey and maybe have some laughs along the way.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Let's Get Together!

The Hot Mess Life

June 09, 2010

Juice...'Nuff said.

I love to juice.  No, not the juice where I pull a Mark McGuire.  I am talking about taking beautiful veggies and fruits and turning them into delectably delicious drinks.  This is a favorite pastime of mine during the summer months when it's so hot that your car a/c can't keep up and blows lukewarm air in your face. 

The juice I am sharing with you today is one I usually make on the weekends when I don't eat as well as I should.  That way, I am at least getting some good stuff with the bad stuff.  This is the Dr. Oz "Green Drink:"  The recipe I believe calls for doing this in a blender.  I was a rebel and used my juicer instead.  Here are the indgredients ( I would say and instructions, but throw it all in your juicer).


2 apples
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber
1 head of celery
1 bunch parsley
1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
Juice of 1 lime


(There is no ginger because I did not have any on hand at that moment.)



Then, it's time.  Here is a picture of my glorious juicer that my momma got for me last Christmas.  A sight to behold isn't it???
I am truly in love with this contrapation.  It makes the perfect juice with none of the grittyness that comes with some of the other juicers.  This one is from Sharper Image, and you can find it here
So there is my plug, maybe is someone who works with Sharper Image will appreciate my advertising for them and shoot me another juicer.  Then I will have TWO juicers and oh my goodness, can you imagine what I could do with two of those things??? Well, maybe just make a lot of juice.  :)

After running all your indgredients through the juicer, you are left with what I like to call, "The Awesomeness".  Why you ask?  Well, because it is awesome.  AWESOME!!!
 

Yes, please let your eyes take it all in!  It does make quite a bit of juice so this can be max 3 servings.  I used a 4-cup measuring cup.

Another one of my favorite and one of the easiest juice recipes has 2 cucumbers, 8 stalks of celery, and 2 apples.  I'm sure this is a real recipe, but I have never seen it.  I came up with this after some trial and error, I have found this to be the most refreshing and filling.


I hope this has been enlightening, and maybe help sway some over to the "juice side".  I do have friends who are still very skeptical, and husband doesn't like to give me kisses after I have drank some.  Bottom line veggies/fruit run through the juicer = Awesomeness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Watcha Thinkin'?